1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar




Lundgaard & Tranberg Architects

About the museum

Sorø Kunstmuseum first opened in 1943 with the aim of bringing some of the best of Danish art to the local and regional population. The museum now presides over a considerable collection of 2200 art works from 1700 to the present day, including special collection of medieval art, Russian art 1870-1930 and Russian icons 1500-1900.

In November 2011, the museum opened with a new extension by Danish architects Lundgaard & Tranberg. Read more here

Åbningstider

Tirs-søndag
kl. 11-16

Torsdag
kl. 11-18